Friday, February 25, 2011

Book #9

Hello blog readers^•^

Book #9: Angel
Finished: February 21, 2011

If you haven't read the Maximum Ride series by James Patterson than this blog won't make a lot of sense to you. Just a warning.

I started reading the Maximum Ride series when I was a freshman. One day freshman year I went to one of our school book fairs. At these book fairs most kids would only go to buy cool pens, pencils, and stickers. I was one of the few who actually bought books. So I was looking around and I picked up the first book of the Max series, called The Angel Experiment. On the back cover the first thing that was written there was 'Do not put this book down! Your life may depend on it!'. So I didn't put the book down and I bought it, you know to save my life and all ;)

Maximum Ride Series Summary: these books are about 6 kids who were used as experiments buy mad scientist when they were little. They were all given wings and different powers at the lab, which they call 'The School'. One of the scientist, Jeb, helped them all escape but then disappeared leaving Max, the oldest mutant bird kid in charge. During these seven books Max, Fang, Iggy, Nudge, Gazzy, and Angel have to try to stay alive, stay together, stay away from the schools, and save the world. That's a VERY basic summary of the overall series...

Angel Summary: Angel is the 7th (and second to last) book in the Max series by James Patterson. In this book Fang starts building up his own gang, and Dylan slowly, against Max's better judgment, takes Fangs place in her flock. But both groups find  a huge piece of the puzzle and have to come together and work side by side to stop the end f the world from coming.

My favorite things about the book: This book was the missing link in the story. The whole time they were talking about saving the world, but they didn't know from what. And finally this book told us. So yay for that, it was about time. I like how Angel didn't stab Max in the back again, that was good. I loved the obvious tension, emotions, and angst between Fang and Max. They still love each other. I really just loved how everything finally started make sense. It's going to be hard to wait a year to see how it all ends... Great ending to, really big cliff hanger..

Some things I didn't like about the book: One word. Dylan. He has to stop trying to get Max to love him. It's not going to happen.. at least I hope not. She loves Fang, and just because Fang left doesn't mean they won't get back together in the last book.. I didn't like how Fang and Max were not together. That was hard to read. Other then the whole love square/ triangle thing going on it was really good.

How It All Will End: So really quickly, this is what I think will happen in the last book. They will somehow save the world, Jeb will turn out to be a good guy, and they will all go live/ get adopted by Max's mom. Fang and Max will get back together, and Dylan will get together with Maya (Max II) so this is what I think, Maya and Dylan were made around the same time, 6 months ago. When they programed Dylan to love Max I think they really programed him to love Maya. But they thought Maya was dead but that didn't matter because Maya and Max are almost the same exact person. But Maya's not dead so Dylan and her will be together. I think.. Lets hope... 

Rating: I would give Angel 4.4 out of 5 stars

Recommend it?: Yes, but start at the beginning of the series. Starting with Angel would be very confusing.

Disagree or agree with anything I just wrote? Let me know in the comments :). Thanks for reading! Another blog very soon (tomorrow?)

9 down, 91 to go
That's all for now 
Adieu~ Caroline

3 comments:

  1. I have never read anything by Patterson, but I've always been curious. I think I shall pick up this book after reading your post. I can't wait for your next book review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should decently check out James Pattersons books, they're great! And thanks a ton! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will! I love your blog. Can't wait to keep reading your reviews :)

    ReplyDelete