Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Spoiler?

Hello my blog readers ^•^

I just finished writing a blog on the book Linger. In that blog there are some spoilers of how Shiver ended. I thought now would be a good time to tell you my view on spoilers.

I don't mind spoilers. I actually like them. Some times (not always) it's nice to know how the story ends. I know some people HATE that. I don't. For insistence Harry Potter. All those years ago when the last HP book came out the first thing I did was go to the very last page. The last sentence of the last page said something along the lines of " Harry's scar hasn't hurt him in x amount of years. It was all well" or something like that. 

I know, I know, you're thinking I'm crazy. How could I skip to the end like that? I ruined the book, there's no point of reading it now that I know the end. I disagree. I think knowing the end gives you all the more reason to read the and find out how the story got from point A to point Z. just my opinion. I like to know that everything will be okay in the end. Like with Harry Potter if I didn't know that Harry lived in the end them there would have been no way I could have finished that book with out dying. But thats just me.

My favorite part if the book is all the gunk in the middle. That's why I read books. I don't read it so I can get to the end and I don't read it so I know how it starts. The behind is always confusing anyway. I read for the little details on the middle. That is what makes a book good. That's why I live really long books; lots of gunk to read ;) I also love those books that start at the end and work backwards. Those are the best. 

So I say bring on the spoilers, tell me what happens at the end. But I know most people don't like that so here on this blog I'm trying to keep the endings of the books I read a secret as best as possible (I'm sorry to anyone reading this that didn't know how Harry Potter ended! I guess now you do!) 

What's your view on spoilers? Agree with me? Or not? Let me know :)

That's all for now 
Adieu~ Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment