Monday, January 31, 2011

Book #5

Hello blog readers^•^

Sorry, I know it's been a few days. I finished my 5th book on Saturday and I was planing on writing my blog on Sunday. But on Sunday I got to see my cousin who is home from war so I didn't have time. He's leaving to go back tonight so if your a religious person than pray for him, if not then that's a-okayy. So anyway here is book #5!

Book #5: Heartsinger
Finished: January 29, 2011

Heartsinger by karlijn stoffels is my schools librarians favorite book and she basically forced me to read it. And I'm glad she did.

Heartsinger Summary: This book is about a boy, named Mee, who grew up with to death parents. Mee has this amazing singing voice that could make anyone happy, except his parents, because they are death. He feels he has failed them, and when they die he travels west to use his singing talent for good. Just by looking at someone he can see there whole life story. Though Mee's travels he sings at many funerals and we learn about their lives. Thoughout this book Mee learns who he really is. Along side the story of Mee there's another story of a girl name mitou who travels east to meet up with Mee. Fate brings them to one another and together they become heartsingers.
 
My favorite thing about the book:
This book is one of the best books I have ever read. There are only two books that I wish I could have written and this is one of them. It's truly beautifully written. With in the story there are other little stories and each little story is amazing. I love mitou's story of how she grew up to ugly words said by her parents and how eventually any noise at all sounds ugly. I love the story of the princess and how she would sit in front of a mirror and look at her self because when she was little her parents would never look at her or pay her any attention. I mean, come on, how does someone come up with stuff like that? It's fantastic. And the way it's written is just incredible. It was translated in to English so I think it being foreign might have to due with the way it sounds. And I love the ending, when Mee runs to meet mitou and sings as he goes. Beautiful. 

Some things I didn't like about the book: The only thing I didn't like was that it was so short. I wish it was longer... oh well :)

Rating: I would give Heartsinger 5 out of five stars. (one of the only two books I would give a five)

Recommend it?: Absolutely yes. It's really unlike anything you have ever read. This is an amazing example of how a book can be good with out all of that teenage drama stuff mixed in.

Disagree or agree with anything I just wrote? Let me know in the comments :). So It's the end of January and I should be at 8 books... I'm a little behind. But I just finished up midterms so that took about too solid weeks of  free reading from me. I'm gunna have to double time it in February! Next blog out... Wednesday? Or when ever I finish my next book. I'm going to try to do two blogs a week from now on, maybe three until I catch up.  Thanks for reading!

5 down, 95 to go
That's all for now 
Adieu~ Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment