Monday, January 24, 2011

Book #1

Hello blog readers^•^

As you can see I'm a little behind with starting this blog, but even though I started so late into January I'm still going to include the 4 books I have already read this year. So I thought I would start off with a teenage classic to get the ball rolling.

Book #1: Twilight
Finished: January 9, 2011

The first book I read this year was Twilight by Stephanie Meyer. And no this was not my first time reading this book. It was my ... 5th?

I am a huge fan of the Twilight saga books. The movies- not so much. The
movies do not do the books justice. I think the people they cast were all wrong, the way they changed the plot was wrong, the cullens house was wrong, the school was wrong, everything was wrong. But this blog is not here for my to complain about bad movies, it's here so I can talk about wonderful books. And twilight is a wonderful book.

Twilight Summary: I'm guessing most people know what twilight is about but for those few people who have been living under a rock the last five years... twilight is a novel about a girl named Bella who moves to Forks, Washington and meets the love of her life, Edward. There's only one problem- he's a vampire.

My favorite thing about the book: What's not to like? It has love, secrets, revenge, action, vampires, and on top of all of that Bella tries to figure out who she is and where she belongs. I like how in a lot if ways (besides the vampire love part) I can relate this book and the way Bella feels to my life. Parents divorced, going to a new school, trying to fit in, that kind if thing. Edward and Bella are perfect together. I  love all of the different characters in the book and all of there different personalities. Jasper and Alice are adorable together, and my favorite characters. Hmm.. I think that's all of my favorite things from the book. I don't have a ton to say for this book because in guessing everyone knows it. Over all it is a great read that will make you not want to put it down. And if you don't feel like reading it YouTube Alex Day reads Twilight. He is making fun of it but it's just so fantastically funny it doesn't even matter :D heres the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2L253VLwH3w

Team Edward or Team Jacob? : I known right now that's the only thing you really want to know ;). And the truth is I am proudly Team Edward. So sorry all you Tayl- I mean Jacob fans, but Jacob is an annoying, clumsy, huge, long haired dog boy and I see nothing attractive in that. Edward on the other hand...

Rating: I would give twilight a 4.6. out of five stars.

Recommend it?: definitely. But of course I'm sure most people have read it.

Disagree or agree with anything I just wrote? Let me know in the comments :). Another blog tomorrow, thanks for reading!

1 down, 99 to go
That's all for now
Adieu~ Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment