Sunday, January 23, 2011

Hello blog readers^•^

My name is Caroline, but feel free to think of me as Cara (everyone else does). For the longest time I've been wanting to start this blog but never really knew how. It's unbelievably hard for me  not to dive right in to everything I want to write about here but that's not fair to you. I'm sure right now you are starting to wonder "who us this blogger and why am I reading this" so here's my answer to that.

 Like I was saying I didn't know how to start this blog. In a huge fan of vlogs on YouTube and at first I really wanted to do that. That is however, until is heard what I sounded like when I am recorded. Let's just say I'm positive you would rather go though the pain of reading my words than listening to them. You're welcome. 

To answer why you are reading this, well I hope it's because you like reading books. Reading is my sport, my passion, my... Everything. I get though the day by thinking about reading the next chapter in a book, or waiting for the next novel in a series to come out. And when you live in a small messed up town like I do than you need something to get you though the day. I'm glad that I found reading before something else. Most kids at my school don't read- they us drugs and drink. So the main reason I made this blog is so that I can have someone to talk to about books and expressly opinion. I also can't wait to find out other peoples opinion on books they like. I don't care if I get one view or one hundred views, it won't matter. I'm just glad that I have someone to share my passion with. 

Not only did I want to talk with my fellow teen book readers of the world but I also wanted to make some changes. My few friend who do read only read a very small among of books that are normally on the same topics. And those topics would be sex, lust, and drugs. I want to try change that and show teens that books can be amazing even when not surrounded by those topics. I want to open everyone- and you- to a world of books that are just purely amazing. And yes some books are still good and have sex and drugs in them, but not all have to.

So what am I even going to write about here in my blog? Well in glad you asked. Last year I read 100 books and this year I want to do that again, only I want to document it here instead if my notebook. When I finish a book I will tell you my reaction to it, what I liked, didn't like, favorite character, and things like that. I'll also through out this year tell you about  some books ive read in the past that I recommend, and some that I don't recommend. 

So I hope you follow me as I take this challenge and stick around long enough to see if I can read 100 books again. To save you from doing the math, I need to read 8 books a month, which means about 2 books a week. I know, I'm crazy. But other than school and work I have no life here in the "town of friendly people". I should have two blogs a week. 

Thanks for sticking around this long, hope to see you in my next blog? (should be out tomorrow :)

That's all for now
Adieu~ Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment