Thursday, January 27, 2011

Book #4

Hello blog readers^•^

Book #4: Witch & Wizard
Finished: January 19, 2011

One of my all time favorite book series is the Maximum Ride series by Mr. James Patterson. They are fantastic, and I definitely recommend them to anyone who has not read them. Of course right now I'm about to talk about Witch & Wizard by James Patterson, but don't worry, I garente that some time this year (most likely next month) I will re-read the Maximum Ride series and do a blog on them. Anyway back to Witch & Wizard. Seeing as how I love Mr. Patterson's Max Ride books, when I saw that he put out another book series meant for teens I was estatic. They were saying it was going to be the new Harry Potter (harrryy poootterrr<3) and I could not wait, but I never got around to buying the book. So finally when it was released in paperback about a month ago i bought it, but I had a long list of things to read before it so I put it off until about a week ago. And let me warn you now, it is NO maximum ride...

Witch & Wizard Summary: So there is this brother and sister, Whit and Wisty, and they are just living normal lives until one day they are captured and accused being a witch and a wizard. They don't know if they will ever see there parents again and no longer have any connection to the outside world. Now they need to escaped, find there parents, and figure out what is going on. But it's not as simple as it sounds...

Some things I didn't like about the book:
Okay so this book kinda disappointed me. It was just... disappointing. I had very high expectations for it because of maximum ride and how amazing they are, but this book just didn't work. Like  in maximum ride the charters are very sarcastic, but here it doesn't work. I couldn't connect with the characters, it started veryyy slowly too. I mean I was a good idea for a book and I think it had the potential to be great, only if it was a different author and not James. Of course he did have a  co-writer for this book... Let's just blame it on him ;)

My favorite thing about the book: It wasn't all bad; It did have some very good qualities to it. I loved the idea of the shadowland and the black shadow creatures who live there. And I liked the people they stayed with in the free world. I liked how the New Orders sign was N.O. (haha), and of course I loved how they could do magic; how Wisty could burst in to flames, float, glow, etc. Very cool, I'm very jealous.  And there was a small Maximum Ride reference in the book that just made it ten times better! They said something like "Maybe I'll grow wings and learn how to fly." "Yah flying kids, like THAT would ever happen" ^•^ hahahaha

Rating: I would give Witch & Wizard a 2.9 out of five stars.

Recommend it?: eh, only if you are a huge JP fan then maybe.. But who knows maybe you will love it :)

Disagree or agree with anything I just wrote? Let me know in the comments :). Now I'm all done catching up on the books I have already read this year, so my next blog will be out sometime during the next two days or when ever I finish the book I'm reading now. Thanks for reading!

4 down, 96 to go
That's all for now
Adieu~ Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment