Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Book #3

Hello blog readers^•^

Book #3: Fallen
Finished: January 17, 2011

Have you ever walked into a book store, looked at a book, and went "Wow that looks stupid, or that looks ready bad"? Well I'm sure you have, and I have too. And one of those books was Fallen by Lauren Kate. When I saw it i didn't give it a second look. But one day I went into my school library and the librarian took my arm and said "I have the perfect book for you". She dragged me over to the new book section and picked up Fallen. The whole time she was checking the book our for me I was thinking 'Noooo, I don't want to read this, it looks so bad', but I knew I had to read it because she would want to hear all about what I thought of it ( I'm one of the only kids who comes in to actually check out books). So I read it. Have you ever heard the saying 'Don't judge a book by it's cover'? There has never been a statement more true.

Fallen Summary: This book is about a 17 year old girl name Luce, who is sent away to this boarding school full of messed up and troubled kids where you have no connection to the outside world except for one phone call a week.  At this school is where she meets Daniel, a boy who clearly wants nothing to do with her but she can't help but feel she already knows him...

My favorite thing about the book: Okay so the truth is... I loved this book. It was fantastic! I loved the setting; the school, graveyard, hidden lake, and angel statutes. I loved Cam, but hated him at the same time. I like the description of his green eyes. But I loved Daniel more, and how he kept slipping up on secrets of the past. I loved the description of Luce and Daniel's kiss. And I just loved the whole idea of the novel; secret pasts and fallen angels. And the ending, it makes you need to read the next book.

Rating: I would give Fallen a 4.6 out of five stars.

Recommend it?: Oh my gosh yes! Read this book now!

Disagree or agree with anything I just wrote? Let me know in the comments :). Another blog tomorrow, thanks for reading!

3 down, 97 to go
That's all for now 
Adieu~ Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment