Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Book #2

Hello blog readers^•^

Book #2: Shiver
Finished: January 13, 2011

So the second book I read this year is one I have been wanting to read for a very long time. The book club I'm in at my school (which only has four kids in it including me) was planing to read shiver by maggie stiefvater some time last year. So I decided I would wait until we all read it together instead of going out and buying it myself and reading it. So I waited and waited and waited... We never read it -.- So finally  I couldn't wait any longer and I read it.

Shiver Summary: There's this girl named Grace who lives in a town on the outskirts of some woods. In those woods live wolves- werewolves. They only become human when it's warm out, like in the summer, and become wolves when it is cold out, like in the winter, and every year they have less and less time to be human. Grace was attacked by the wolves when she was very little, but one wolf, Sam, saved her. Ever since then they have been watching each other and this book tells the story of what happens when Grace meets Sam as a human. This is Sam's last year of being a human and Grace isn't ready to let him go.

My favorite thing about the book: I love Sam's back story about how he became a wolf and what his parents  did to him, and I love how they bring that up at different parts if the book. I could really connect with Grace, with her being a quite girl who loves reading in a town where she doesn't fit in. I loved the ending, slight cliff hanger ;) and I loved the reference to poetry and Sam's life being in song lyrics. Very creative. I'm very excited to read the next two in the series. 

Some things I didn't like about the book: I didn't like how after, what 2?, weeks of Grace knowing Sam as a human they slept together. I mean I know Grace thought she was about to lose him forever but I think maggie stiefvater should have wait until the next book, or book after to have that happen seeing how it is a trilogy. But of course the rules of love are different when you're dealing with one human and one fictional creature. I like Sam's take on what happened and how he thought she did it to get back at here parents. Makes you think a little. Other than that I loved the book.

Rating: I would give shiver a 4.2 out of five stars.

Recommend it?: If you like fantasy love stories than yes :)!

Disagree or agree with anything I just wrote? Let me know in the comments :). Another blog tomorrow, thanks for reading!

2 down, 98 to go
That's all for now 
Adieu~ Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment