Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Book #10

Hello blog readers^•^

I know, I know. I'm very behind in my reading. But that's because I'm in the middle if like 5 books right now so I've been spending more time reading than blogging. Sorry! Anyway really soon I'm going to be done with like five books at the same time, so I'll catch up.

Book #10: Linger
Finished: February 28, 2011

SPOILER ALERT! (For Shiver)

Linger is the second book in the wolves of mercy falls series by maggie stiefvater. The first book in the series is Shiver (remember? From about a month ago). When I start a series and I like the first book than I go on to the next book, thats true with most people.  

Linger Summary: Linger picks up a few months after were shiver ended. Sam is human and no longer changes in to a wolf because of the cold. It's almost spring so Sam, Grace, and Isabella start to meet the new wolves Beck changed. They meet Cole, one of the new wolves, how has very familiar face and hidden secret. Along side of that things are happening to Grace that no one can explain... 

My favorite things about the book: I liked this book better that Shiver, which I know is weird because sequels normally aren't as good as the first book or movie. I think I liked it better because of the new character, Cole. I just loved his back story. Maggie Stiefvater creates great back stories. Cole is the lead singer in this boyband and he hates his life and wgat he stands for so much that he just wants to loss himself. I loved how as the story went on Cole changed who he is and really started to turn his life around. He went from suicides careless teen to... just human. I loved how adorable Grace and Sam are together. I loved how isabella had a bigger part in this book to and how she helps Cole, and how Cole helps her. The book ends with a huge cliffhanger. That's always good. Makes you need to have next book. I love that feeling; needing a book. I also just loved how the book was in green ink. Fantastic ;)

Some things I didn't like about the book:  At the end of Shiver Sam is cured from being a wolf so he goes on dating Grace and all. I didn't like how Grace over reacted to her parents over reaction to when they found Sam in her room at night. No they were not sleeping together, only next to each other and Grace parents got really mad so they grounded her. Sure Grace does have some good points she proves but she did kind of go over board. She should have just taken her punishment. It wasn't that much. Only a weekend. I don't know I would have reacted different. She just needs to chill. The other thing I didn't like was how Cole was a sex/drug/suicidal/ guy, but like I said through out the novel he changes so that's good. Over all a very good book. 

Rating: I would give Linger 4.4 out of 5 stars

Recommend it?: Yes, but again start at the beginning Shiver. Much less confusing that way.

Disagree or agree with anything I just wrote? Let me know in the comments :). Thanks for reading! Another blog very soon!

10 down, 90 to go
That's all for now 
Adieu~ Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment