Monday, April 25, 2011

Book #13

Hello blog readers^•^ It's been a while.

Book #13: Will Grayson, Will Grayson
Finished: April 2, 2011

Sorry I haven't posted in a while! I was just on vacation over my spring break (which ends tomorrow D: ) and didn't have a lot of free time, or access to a computer. But don't worry, I have still been reading a ton and have many books to tell you about! One of the books I recently finished is Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan.

Will Grayson, Will Grayson Summary: This book is about two boys, both named Will Grayson, who live completely different lives but fate finds themselves crossing each others path. This chance meeting extremity changes both of their lives.

My favorite things about the book: I'm a nerdfighter. I love John Green. He's amazing. So I really liked this book. John also wrote book #6: Looking for Alaska, which I thought was great. I really liked Will Grayson too but not as much. If you have read any of John's novels before than you know that he has this style he writes in. It's a witty, sarcastic, humorous but smart kind of style and I really like it. But John didn't write this book alone. You can really tell what parts John must have come up with and what parts David came up with. So I thought that was kinda cool.
I liked how when they switched between Will Graysons from chapter to chapter they changed the format of the writing so you could tell them apart. That was really helpful. And I love how fate brings these to people together and they end up helping each other. Both of the Will's are closed in people who separate them selves from the world. One who believes silence and not caring is golden and the other who the only person he has ever let in was someone who turned out to be fake. But by the end of the novel, because they meet, they end up changing their ways of going about life. I think that's just a great story.

Some things I didn't like about the book: The only thing I don't love about John's writing is that he does us swear words and borderline sexual content that I dint love. I'm basically saying his books are PG-13 if that makes any sence. I don't really mind this stuff but I don't really love it. I still think he's an amazing author. The only other thing I didn't love about this book was one part at the beginning that cut me close to the bone. That's all in going to say about that. My wounds haven't fully held yet. But that doesn't matter. It was still a great book.

Rating: I would give Will Grayson, Will Grayson a 4.0 out of 5 stars

Recommend it?: Yes, I thought it was very smart. Do read!

Disagree or agree with anything I just wrote? Let me know in the comments :). Thanks for reading! Another blog very soon! 

13 down, 87 to go 
That's all for now 
Adieu~ Caroline




  

No comments:

Post a Comment